Rotation and Divert Conveying
The rotation and divert module is based on a full Pressure Atmosphere (PA) stage and a Vacuum Pre Load (VPL) motion drive (linear or rotational).
Full Pressure atmosphere plates are used to float the glass, ensuring there is no contact between the glass and the platform. The air floating stage can be provided with any dimensions to meet your system requirements.
The VPL motion drive system provides a vacuum pre-loaded friction drive that enables high acceleration regardless of substrate weight. VPL conveying can also be used as a secondary motion system for loading/unloading. Switching the VPL vacuum nozzles ON activates the system, while switching the nozzles OFF disables it, without the need to move the wheels up and down. VPL conveying provides the following key advantages:
- Mountable in any location on the platform with various configurations
- High acceleration with friction force control (~ 1m/sec²)
- High process speed (1.5m/sec)
- Minimal calibration requirements
- No edge-impact with wheels during glass approach
- No up-down motions for on/off switching
- Minimal glass deformation (~0.1mm)